Dr. Len Schwartz- 5 reasons why your sales approach is pushing prospects away
In my experience, I’ve found that most of the sales trainer gurus out there, like to teach “closing” skills (language, convincing strategies etc.).
It occurred to me a long time ago that if I helped my clients become better OPENERS…
They wouldn’t need to convince anyone to do anything, and closing clients would be as easy as selling ice cold drinks to a hot, sweaty, thirsty crowd baking in the sun on a scorching Summer day.
So, here is an overview of the Opening strategy I teach my clients:
1. Communicate how and why you are uniquely qualified to help the client
2. Define why they cannot find anyone else that can help them
achieve their desired results (this eliminates the competition)
3. Explain your process in a way that gets 90% to request to see “the plan”
4. Deliver the plan that the prospect requested, and do so in a way that…
5. Gets the prospect to ask “How do we get started?”.
Closing is never a problem if you are a great opener and get the prospect to understand why they can’t find anyone else that can help them the way you can.
What I see…is too many people chasing prospects and doing preliminary work for prospects before they know if the prospect is serious about hiring them.
So, they hear a lot of:
“Call me back in 6 months”
“I’ll call you when I’m ready”
“I want to think about it”
Want to know the question I teach my clients to ask that tells them whether their prospect is serious and ready to hire them?Click Here to listen and you can start using it today
This will change the way you talk to prospects forever.